home contact pricelist etsyshop

11.25.2012

{Meeting Miss Mustard Seed}


Saturday I had the amazing opportunity of meeting Miss Mustard Seed.  
She was doing a book signing at SuzAnna's Antiques in Raleigh, NC & I wasn't missing it no matter what!
My awesome husband accompanied me on the 2.5 hour drive & even chatted Marian up about farming cotton! 


MMS is the reason I started my business.  I have followed her blog for years & even tried a few of her DIYs like her German glass glitter letters & ornaments.  She is a constant inspiration & her words of wisdom & truth gave me the push I needed to open Raised In Cotton Interiors.  

Marian is a real genuine person.
Her accent is adorable!
And that new short haircut is totally her!
My husband actually asked me when I was going to cut mine like that.  What? 
He was as smitten with her as I was.  


She wasn't in a rush as she signed our books.
She talked with us.  Asked us questions. 
It's what I love most about her.
She is a real person.  Just like you & I.

I could sit & talk to her for hours.  
I am so thankful she shared her talents with so many of us through her blog, paint & book!

If you get the chance to attend a book signing please do!
You won't be disappointed!


I look horrible in this picture mainly because I was so nervous.
I mean I'm standing next to Miss Mustard Seed!

She said to me, "Anything is possible." 
She is so right!

What a great day it was!
I am seriously still pinching myself & re-reading what she wrote to me in my copy of her book. 


What an honor to meet someone like her....

2 comments:

  1. Jessica, I just became a follower of your site, and am looking forward to watching it grow! Miss Mustard Seed is my #1 inspiration in all of blogland, and it was with great pleasure to read how she inspired you to start your own business!! Because of her inspiration, I am getting closer to following this path as well. Your frames are lovely, and the furniture is just beautiful! Look forward to following you, and God bless your new business venture richly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for providing clear information on this. you can also refer Bleached Cotton Rolls Manufacturers

    ReplyDelete